Located in the historical centre of Palermo, the Grand Hotel et des Palmes is close to the Massimo and Politeama theatres as well as the commercial district of the city. The hotel, which was founded in 1874, was founded and renovated by Ernesto Basile, one of the masters of Art Nouveau style.
The classic style of the hotel as a whole brings simplistic elegance to the atmosphere. The use of soft cream colors with the contrast of rich red furniture reminds one of a different era. The 177 rooms and suites are decorated in soft colors with classic style wood furnishings.
The Palmetta Restaurant serves classic Mediterranean cuisine, with international flavours and styles mixed in. The hotel also has a lounge bar, Il Gattopardo Bar, and a casual restaurant, Sala Azzurra.
For events – such as weddings, banquets or fashion shows – the ideal place to host is at the hotel’s Sala Specchi. Its intricate and elegant décor evoke a style reminiscent of the Belle Époque.