- Hotels - Celebrating with Harbour Grand Kowloon! - 18-06-2013
- Cars - Aston Martin's 320 kmph V12 (ad)Vantage S - 31-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's classic Noé gets an update - 31-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Tiffany & Co. adds a little jazz... - 31-05-2013
- Hotels - Get ready for summer at SHA Wellness Clinic - 30-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Shenyang welcomes Franck Muller - 30-05-2013
Events - Zaha Hadid at Dover Street Market for the Olympics - 01-08-2012
Zaha Hadid at Dover Street Market for the Olympics
Specially for the London Olympics, Dover Street Market in London have commissioned architect and designer Zaha Hadid to design an Olympic window. Named 'Aqua,' it is a site-specific installation, and also a reference to her design style that she applied at the London Olympic Aquatics Centre. The architect herself said, "The piece is inspired by the fluid geometries of the London Aquatics Centre: a wave of liquid, frozen in time, right in the heart of London." The installation will be visible at Dover Street Market for the period of the Games.
in the photo below, rendering of the London Aquatics Centre by Zaha Hadid
Below, the London Aquatics Centre
Dover Street Market is a retail and trend market founded in 2004 by Rei Kawakubo, the Japanese fashion designer who founded Comme des Garçons. Names at DSM include Comme des Garçons (all 14 lines), Lanvin, Alexander McQueen, Christopher Kane, Givenchy, Jil Sander, Nina Ricci, Paco Rabanne, Peter Pilotto, Yves Saint Laurent, Céline, Raf Simons, Ann Demeulemeester, Rick Owens and many others.
Dover Street Market is on 17-18 Dover Street, London W1S 4LT (nearest tube is Green Park), open Monday-Wednesday 11.00 a.m.-6.30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday 11.00 a.m.-7.00 p.m., Sunday midday-5.00 p.m. Tel. +44 (0)20 7518 0680.