- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - Who's blowing their own trumpet? - 15-05-2012
Who's blowing their own trumpet?
Swiss watch brand Girard-Perregaux have launched their print magazine and on-line journal, and as part of the launch, they transformed Cipriani Dolci in New York into an atelier where guests could watch four young watch-makers at work. The young "lords of time" then took their benches onto the street and worked amidst the bustle of the city, with classic backdrops such as Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Wall Street and others.
The event will later be run in Beijing, Paris and other cities. Meanwhile, you can read more about the young personalities involved in the event at the web journal, www.TheNewFaceofTradition.com.
All this is an interesting and contemporary departure for a manufacturer whose history runs back to 1791. It is one of the few brands that performs all activities connected to watchmaking on the same site, above all the production of the movement.