- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Tod's Group CEO is bringing Schiaparelli back to life... the brand that is - 09-05-2012
Tod's Group CEO is bringing Schiaparelli back to life... the brand that is
On the heels of the Prada & Schiaparelli Costume Institute exhibit, Diego Della Valle has announced plans to relaunch the defunct Schiaparelli fashion maison, which closed in the early 1950s. Much as Della Valle's Tod's Group did with reviving luxury shoe brand Roger Vivier, the new Schiaparelli will seek to recapture the glory of it's founder's heyday, bringing it to a new generation of styleites.
For the forseeable future, the brand will focus mainly on accessories, makeup, cosmetics and limited ready-to-wear. They will announce the brand's official designer in September (rumours are already swirling that John Galliano may be a contender). Logging onto the new Schiaparelli website, you'll see a teaser caricature sketch of a woman facing towards Paris' Place Vendôme, the home of the late designer's atelier, where the new maison will also take up residence. The words "Rendez-vous in July 2012" have us already pencilling in the date in our agendas.
Photos - Left: Designer Elsa Schiaparelli, Right: Model and filmmaker Farida Khelfa, the new
Meet Roger Vivier's brand ambassador