- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Hotels - Ritz Paris officially closed - 01-08-2012
Ritz Paris officially closed
PARIS - The Ritz Paris went out in style last night. The evening marked the last official night of operation as the historic hotel prepares to undergo a massive two-year renovation. All but one of the hotel's 159 rooms was booked out, including the famous Coco Chanel suite (where the couturier lived in her later years) priced at the daily rate of €9,950 or $12,212 USD at current exchange.
The Coco Chanel suite at the Ritz Paris
“We have guests coming specifically to spend a last night at the Ritz,” said a hotel spokesman. The adieu consisted of a special last dinner in the hotel's fine-dining restaurant L'Espadon with a menu by executive chef Michel Orth which included duck foie gras, blue lobster with raspberry vinaigrette and caviar, steamed sea bass with shellfish, truffle vol-au-vent, chocolate soufflé and 'peach Melba Ritz 2012' - sounds like it was a meal for the history books!
The Place Vendôme monument is not yet taking reservations for its 2014 re-opening yet, but if you're craving a little Ritz-life you always head to our hotel partners at The Ritz London, The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai, The Portman Ritz-Carlton Shanghai and more global Ritz-branded hotels.
Our guide to shopping in Place Vendôme