- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Manish Arora - spring 2013 - 28-09-2012
Manish Arora - spring 2013
by Lindsay McCallum
Manish Arora went back to his Indian roots this season with a collection that pays tribute to the vibrant colours, decorative arts, intricate architecture and unique handicrafts of the country. The legacy of ornamentation in India was another one of the key influences on this collection, as seen in the ornate headpieces, fabulous jewellery and gold beading throughout.
The designer reinterpreted the traditional Indian silhouettes with a modern lens, showing beautiful evening gowns as well as harem pants and beaded jackets. Utilizing a series of prints, Arora combined ornate panthers, tigers, and gazelles, with animal prints, geometric shapes, and flowers. The sequin textures and Zardozi work were all hand-embroidered using enameled jewels, metals and crystals. Gold, which has always been dominant in ornamenting the body in India, was employed as a bold accent on the pastel colored textiles, such as silk crepe and hand-woven silk brocade from Varanasi, India. The collection was a beautiful tribute to the luxurious traditions of Indian dressing, emphasizing the everlasting beauty of nature and cultural exoticism.
See the hottest accessories of the season HERE
See the latest fashion news HERE