- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - Jaeger-LeCoultre and The Grande Reverso 1931 - 29-02-2012
Jaeger-LeCoultre and The Grande Reverso 1931
Jaeger-LeCoultre's 2012 collection includes a model that looks back to 1931, when a few Reverso watches were made with a red-enamelled dial. A very unusual look at that time, and one that is still cool and original today. The model in the catalogue fits a Calibre 822 hand-wound movement with 45 hours power reserve, basic time functions, and an alligator leather strap.
The contemporary version (above) shows a few differences with respect to the historical model (below). The dial shows just the name "Reverso," and not the maison. There are two stick markers at 12 o'clock and the other hours are single stick markers, while the 1931 version has 12 and 6 in numerals. The red colour itself is deeper and darker. The Calibre 822 is of course a departure, and the case is different in shape, larger and slimmer - distinctly slim at 7.27 mm.
The Grande Reverso 1931 Rouge was highlighted at the new Jaeger-LeCoultre boutique in Milan, which opened on 15 December 2011 in Via Montenapoleone 1. At present, the historic 1931 Reverso is being showcased with the new collection at the Jaeger-LeCoultre boutique at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore B2-240.