- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Events - Geneva fireworks, Saturday 11 August, at Hotel de la Paix - 11-07-2012
Geneva fireworks, Saturday 11 August, at Hotel de la Paix
The fireworks on Lake Geneva represents a spectacular event, one that is justly famous both in Switzerland and worldwide. The lake offers the perfect natural setting to the pyrotechnics, which are accompanied by music. The fireworks begin at 10 p.m.
The fireworks display marks the end of the Geneva Festival, a massive programme of cultural and culinary events running from 19 July to 12 August 2012.
Hotel de la Paix, Geneva, offers the perfect place from which to view the show, with suite balconies overlooking the lake and across to Mont Blanc.
Prepare appropriately for the show by firing off a champagne cork: enjoy the open bar with Laurent Perrier champagne, together with the superb culinary delights by Michelin-starred chef Jérôme Manifacier.
The menu includes cold savoury flavours such as Chorizo and piquillos tortilla, Marinated back of salmon with orange and lime, Poached quail eggs and chanterelle mushrooms with vinaigrette sauce; hot savouries such as Samosa of preserved lamb with fresh coriander, Chicken on skewers with satay sauce, and Kromesky fritter with Valais ham and Gruyere cheese; and last but not least, the sweet delights by the pastry chef, such as Red fruits tartlet, Iced mousse with limoncello, and the duel of macaroons (lime and violet). Plus many, many others, in a colourful, tasty, pyrotechnic spectacle of flavour and fragrance.