- Cars - Aston Martin's 320 kmph V12 (ad)Vantage S - 31-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's classic Noé gets an update - 31-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Tiffany & Co. adds a little jazz... - 31-05-2013
- Hotels - Get ready for summer at SHA Wellness Clinic - 30-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Shenyang welcomes Franck Muller - 30-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - IWC Schaffhausen announces its latest ambassadors - 27-05-2013
Celebrities - Diane Kruger turned to Karl Lagerfeld for Marie Antoinette role - 17-07-2012
Diane Kruger turned to Karl Lagerfeld for Marie Antoinette role
Benoît Jacquot's latest film Farewell My Queen - Les Adieux à la Reine is currently out in limited release in the US. It sees Diane Kruger take on the role of Marie Antoinette in her final days at Versailles before the outbreak of the Revolution.
Most actresses hit the books and watch old movies to prep for a role as lofty as the Queen of France, Kruger had another source to tap into in the form of good friend and Chanel Creative Director Karl Lagerfeld.
"One of the most cultured people I know is Karl Lagerfeld. I've known him since I was 16 years old and today he's both a friend and a neighbor. He is obsessed with Versailles and Marie Antoinette. When I got the part of the queen, he was one of the first people I called and I walked over to his home and picked his brain for inspiration."
Watch Dior take over Versailles
Marie Antoinette's Petite Trianon
See Diane Kruger's and other celeb best looks at this year's Cannes Festival