- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - De Beers - new store at IFC in Shanghai - 31-08-2012
De Beers - new store at IFC in Shanghai
De Beers has opened a new store at IFC Mall, Shanghai. At the launch held on 29 August 2012, actress Shu Qi helped cut the rubbon, with François Delage, CEO of De Beers, and Andrew Coxon, president of the De Beers Institute of Diamonds.
The 75-square-metre space is the brand's fourth store in China (with Beijing, Tianjin and Dalian). It is in the new fine jewellery area of IFC. At the opening, the Talisman Crown, designed for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee, was exhibited. In addition, a set of eight Talisman medals were designed for this opening; in Chinese tradition, the number 8 symbolizes prosperity and luck. Each medal is made of rough diamonds on a hand-crafted gold base.
Shu Qi (in the photo below with the Talisman medals) is one of the most successful actresses in Asia, and has been on the Jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
This, like other De Beers boutiques, has the De Beers Iris, the proprietary device that enables customers to see the quality of a diamond by means of its refraction of light.
De Beers, Shanghai International Finance Centre IFC, Shop 35, 1F, Tower 2, 8 Century Avenue, Pudong District, Shanghai