- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Carven - spring 2013 - 28-09-2012
Carven - spring 2013
by Lindsay McCallum
PARIS - The patron saint of Parisian cool, Guillaume Henry of Carven, has taken the iconic French brand to the 21st century with season-after-season of undeniably chic looks. This season, Carven took on retro-inspired power dressing, using monochromatic looks in architectural shapes to bring a lot of bang to the runway. Keeping the color palette mostly neutral, Carven also threw in pops of red, and accented looks with chunky platform shoes and rad sunglasses. The signature shape was the heart shaped cut out, seen in suit jackets and dresses, to give a little peek of décolleté, midriff or shoulder. With all of the cut out details this season, we should start our core workouts ASAP!
Henry is known for his love of couture, but chose the ready-to-wear path because he wanted to create clothes for real women. Lacing his signature retro elements with the ladylike lace inlays or laser cut shapes, Henry successfully balanced the oversized with the delicate, giving the collection a wearable appeal. For this collection, Henry said he “thought about being delicate in a tough environment,” which is evident in the textiles and silhouettes he chose to use.
Find out more about Paris' hot young designers HERE
See the hottest accessories of the season HERE
See the latest fashion news HERE