- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Carolina Herrera Spring 2013 keeps it sweet & simple - 11-09-2012
Carolina Herrera Spring 2013 keeps it sweet & simple
NEW YORK - Carolina Herrera Spring 2013 saw the use of ultra feminine fabrics on less formal cuts. We saw many a daytime-friendly, Church ceremony-style kind of wardrobe, often belted with a slim strip of colour-matched leather. "I wanted to work with a new proportion this season," says Herrera, "something incredibly light and soft."
The collection was not your typical CH offering with an abundance of straight-cut and A-line dresses, plain white column gowns and younger-looking blazer/blouse/shorts combos. While we can see an attempt to leave a mature comfort zone for lighter and more twentysomething-friendly pieces, the looks that really struck the right notes for us were the ones that embraced traditional Carolina Herrera, especially the lacy and airy tangerine orange look pictured above.
See the latest fashion stories HERE
See the hottest accessories of the season HERE