- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - Breguet Marine Royale 5847 - boutique exclusive - 14-09-2012
Breguet Marine Royale 5847 - boutique exclusive
This is a very rugged Breguet watch, designed for use underwater. It is waterproof to 300 metres, and it has an alarm that can be operated underwater, exploiting the fact that sounds underwater travel faster and are louder than in air. The alarm-setting system is controlled by a rubber-proofed pusher that enhances its smart appearance. The dial in pink gold has a manually-engraved wave pattern, applied Roman numerals and luminescent dots, while the hands are the classic open-tipped Breguet pattern in 18K blued gold, covered with a luminescent compound. The triangular-tipped centre-pivot hand is used to set the alarm. The date window is at 6 o'clock, while the power-reserve indication is between 9 and 11 o'clock. A small circular window at 12 o'clock shows whether the alarm is on or off.
The pusher at 4 o'clock is used to set the alarm time; the pusher at 8 o'clock switches the alarm on or off. The strap is in rubber. The watch has a sapphire caseback, a movement with a 45 hour power reserve, and a case that is 45 mm in diameter.
This is a watch that is available only from Breguet boutiques.