- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - Backes & Strauss - The Victoria Blue Heart - 04-09-2012
Backes & Strauss - The Victoria Blue Heart
This watch, launched today in the Backes & Strauss store in London, is a timepiece created in cooperation with the Franck Muller group. Sales are for the direct benefit of the United Nations Blue Heart Campaign against Human Trafficking. The office engaged in fighting this sort of crime is the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, and it has estimated that criminal proceeds from human trafficking amount to $60,000 per minute.
Victoria Blue Heart is in white gold, white diamonds and blue sapphires, based on the brand's 19th-century archive jewellery designs. A chain of interlocking hearts encircles the 18 millimetre mother-of-pearl dial with 4 white diamond indices. The watch has a white satin strap, and a white gold buckle with 24 white diamonds. In total, the watch comprises 215 white diamonds, 1.91 carats, and 25 blue sapphires, 0.275 carats.
This piece is part of the Victoria Collection of interlocking heart watches in white and natural fancy diamonds: intense pink, canary yellow, natural champagne, and white diamonds.
Backes & Strauss London is the world's oldest diamond company, founded in 1789. Its London boutique is at 113A Jermyn Street, Mayfair, SW1Y 6HJ.
Click here to read more about the brand.