- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Watches & jewellery - IWC Schaffhausen sets sail with the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-12 - 31-10-2011
IWC Schaffhausen sets sail with the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-12
Luxury sports watch enthusiasts love the IWC Portuguese Yacht Chronograph not only because it is one of the top 10 watches in the world, but it is also elegant enough to be worn all year round. While it might be getting too cold to sail or golf in Europe, the United Arab Emirates are the paradise for both this autumn. IWC Schaffhausen, the official timekeeper of the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012, is equipping the Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing team with a special edition of the chronograph.
This is certainly not the first time that IWC Schaffhausen has braved the waves as it sponsored the unprecedented Plastiki Expedition led by adventurer and environmentalist David de Rothschild last year. He set sail from San Francisco to Sydney on a boat mostly made of plastic, wearing the Ingenieur Automatic Mission Earth Edition “Adventure Ecology” watch to advocate environmental causes throughout the journey.
Read all about the Portuguese collection here
Look for an IWC boutique near you
See what’s happening in the United Arab Emirates this season