- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
General - High-tech carbon fibre bathroom fittings - 29-06-2010
High-tech carbon fibre bathroom fittings
The Nerocarbonio collection by designer Alberto Del Biondi includes a WC and bidet made entirely in carbon fibre. This material ensures strength and lightness, and a distinctive appearance, enhanced by the design content. The WC lid hides the seat, and both units have a courtesy light.
This represents one of the many possible uses of carbon fibre in everyday objects. Rigid and lightweight, carbon fibre could also be applied to plates and ultralight doors, as well as for components for garments and footwear. Installing a bidet in carbon fibre is conceptually no different from models in other materials.
Further info: www.albertodelbiondi.com
Further reading: A bathtub in resin