- Hotels - Celebrating with Harbour Grand Kowloon! - 18-06-2013
- Cars - Aston Martin's 320 kmph V12 (ad)Vantage S - 31-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's classic Noé gets an update - 31-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Tiffany & Co. adds a little jazz... - 31-05-2013
- Hotels - Get ready for summer at SHA Wellness Clinic - 30-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Shenyang welcomes Franck Muller - 30-05-2013
Events - Chopard Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph 2010 - 31-05-2010
Chopard Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph 2010
The Grand Prix de Monaco Historique was created in 1998 to mark the 700th anniversary of the Grimaldi family’s accession to the throne of the Principality. It represents the vintage version of the Formula 1 Grand Prix. Raced along the same route through the streets of Monaco, it is reserved exclusively for classic racing cars, making it unique in its kind. Although initially intended as a one-off event, it created such a stir that its organisers decided to repeat it every two years.
Like the classic cars that compete in this fascinating race, the 2010 edition of the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph, by Chopard, is a blend of bold aesthetics and mechanical performance. Featuring a black aluminium bezel that makes a striking contrast with its silver-coloured dial and fitted with a perforated leather strap, this chronograph is equipped with a mechanical self-winding movement chronometer-certified by the COSC. It pays tribute to the sporting spirit of the race event, which unites the finest classic racing cars and has been partnered by Chopard since 2002.
Over the years, the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique has become a favourite meeting place for devotees of classic cars and attracts collectors from around the world, especially the USA, Great Britain, Germany, France and Italy. Every two years, it brings together over 200 vehicles, all of which were legends in their time, including models by Bugatti, Delage, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Maserati and Ferrari, as well as Formula 1 cars built before 1979 by brands such as Brabham, Lotis and Williams.
In keeping with the spirit of this extraordinary race, Chopard presents the 2010 edition of the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph. Equipped with a mechanical self-winding chronograph movement chronometer-certified by the COSC – a sure token of reliability and precision – this sophisticated watch has all the attributes one would expect from a high-performance mechanical timepiece. Protected by a 42.50 mm-diameter case in steel or 18-carat rose gold and water-resistant to 50 metres, the self-winding movement has a 48-hour power reserve which drives the hours, minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock, a date window and a chronograph function with a central seconds hand along with 30-minute and 12-hour counters. The case-back bears a special “Grand Prix de Monaco Historique” engraving.
This Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph 2010 is as aesthetically and technically daring as the “speed machines” that inspired it. Its subtle silver-coloured dial is adorned with a concentric guilloché motif and luminescent hour-markers enhanced by a minute circle in black and orange on the steel version and black and blue for the gold version, as well as a black anodized aluminium bezel incorporating silver and orange or blue markers.
The Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Chronograph 2010 is available in steel either on a black perforated barenia strap complete with orange stitching, or on a steel bracelet, as well as in 18-carat rose gold on a perforated black barenia strap with blue stitching – a luxurious version in a limited edition of 250. In both cases, the wristband security is enhanced by a Chopard-engraved folding clasp in steel or 18-carat rose gold.
Technical Details: Case
• Steel or 18-carat rose gold
• Total diameter 42.50 mm
• Thickness 14.90 mm
• Water-resistant to 50 metres
• Glare proof sapphire crystal with integrated magnifying glass
• Crown in steel or 18-carat rose gold adorned with a racing steering-wheel
• Case-back engraved with the GPMH + Automobile Club de Monaco logo
• Bezel with black insert and transfers in two colours
• Mechanical chronograph movement
• Total diameter 30.40 mm
• Winding self-winding
• Number of jewels 25
• Power reserve approx. 48 hours
• Frequency 28,800 vph
• Chronometer certified (COSC)
Dial and hands:
• Silver-coloured guilloché dial with Monaco Historique inscription
• Rhodium-plated hour, minutes and hour markers are coated with Superluminova to allow for perfect visibility during the night
• Orange central chronograph seconds hand, or blue for the gold model
• Hours, minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock
• 60-second chronograph
• 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock
• Date window at 3 o’clock
Strap and clasp:
• Black barenia perforated strap with orange stitching or blue stitching for the gold model
• Folding clasp in steel or 18-carat rose gold
Steel edition 168992-3031
Steel edition with steel bracelet 158992-3006
Limited numbered edition of 250 in rose gold 161275-5003