- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Brioni women's collection, runway fashion shows for autumn-winter 2010-2011 - 08-03-2010
Brioni women's collection, runway fashion shows for autumn-winter 2010-2011
I knew we were to see a unique womenswear collection at the Brioni autumn/winter 2010-2011 runway fashion show as soon as the music came on. An ethereal voice sang of a faraway land as dreamy shearling coats, cashmere capes and kite-sleeved coat dresses floated down the runway, expressing the Maison's interpretation of urban fashion for women . Lush materials were the focus of this collection, but so was the silhouette. Voluminous, strong, yet feminine, the Brioni woman is a romantic at heart. She reinterprets eveningwear with a combination of short trousers, satin blouses, organza tops and gold silk jacquard suits. Short dresses have their moment of glory, but they are carefully grounded with short cashmere socks and winter sandals.
The romantic collection is painted with a sophisticated palette of grey, purple, blueberry, blue and dusty rose. Founded as a menswear brand, Brioni proves that it is equally confident in dressing modern-day women with this new collection.
To see the photos, click here