- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Dolce & Gabbana fall/winter 2013 collection - 29-02-2012
Dolce & Gabbana fall/winter 2013 collection
Italy has one of the strongest art traditions in Europe. Behind the Dolce & Gabbana fall/winter 2013 womenswear collection lie sheer opulence, spectacular embroidery, intricate applications and sumptuous fabrics. All this creates a point of reference in Italian couture.
Baroque opulence and Italian craftsmanship was the central inspiration of the collection, and embroidery was a major theme. The intricate gold thread, applications, pearls, and waxed silk are fashioned into flowers and included in the accessories, whether bags, shoes and even socks. The volumes, embodied in the padded hips of the skirts and even jackets, were reminiscent of sumptuous 18th century dresses, in which the waistline was emphasized by clinched corsets and the hips were widened with intricate constructions which added volume to the figure.