- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Alexis Mabille goes from Couture to Cointreau - 28-09-2012
Alexis Mabille goes from Couture to Cointreau
COUTURE MEET COINTREAU - Coming away from the female form, Paris' shining young couturier Alexis Mabille is trying his hand at a different sort of silhouette: the classic brown Cointreau liqeur bottle. In doing so, the designer has created what he calls a timeless, vintage accessory.
Long regarded as a 'lady's' liquor, this limited edition bottle gets all dressed up in only the finest, care of Monsieur Mabille himself. Playing with the bottle's transparency, Mabille played with a mix of feminine meets masculine for a silver ribbon and bow tie motif.
Definitely a party conversation piece to bust out after dinner, Mabille likened the design process to dressing a woman, "it was an honour to be able to dress this curvaceous, amber-toned bottle which is such a refined symbol," he describes, "I was able to embellish it with these silver accents that light ii up, with the same effect as a hundred tiny reflective mirrors."
This limited edition bottle is available only in select locations, such as 10 Corso Como in Milan for €95.
Read more about Alexis Mabille and other hot Paris-based designers HERE