- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston purchases a record-making diamond - 16-05-2013
- Fashion - Loewe arrives in Rome - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - New CEO for Harry Winston - 10-05-2013
- Watches & jewellery - Harry Winston presents the ultimate jewellery box - 09-05-2013
- Fashion - Louis Vuitton's chic new campaign - 08-05-2013
- Events - Vivienne Westwood soars to new heights - 08-05-2013
Fashion - Alexander Wang branches out in Beijing - 14-05-2012
Alexander Wang branches out in Beijing
BEIJING - Fashion designer Alexander Wang may be Mandarin-speaking with Chinese parents, but he considers himself an American through and through, having spent most of his life in New York. The launch of his very first Mainland China boutique in Beijing marks a return to his ancestral roots. “It’s very surreal to see my name on a building in Beijing,” Wang shared about his 5,000 square foot, two-floor digs. Previously, his designs were hard to find in the city, except for in upscale department store Lane Crawford.
The launch party for the new space was a smashing success with music by hit-making DJ Diplo and appearances by Chinese actress Sun Li as well as Wang's good friend Zoe Kravitz (daughter to Lenny) and her 'Gossip Girl' beau Penn Badgely.
Wang's style is best characterized as simple chic and every day wearable. “Although we are an American brand, I think that is more to the sense of what is American sportswear, and things that feel very accessible and easy to wear,” he told journalists at the launch.
Beijing City Guide
Find boutiques in China